You are here
Multivoltage traction battery charger: MVD
|REF 140TA7514||REF 140TA7515||REF 140TA7516|
|2 V cell selectable||2 V cell selectable||2 V cell selectable|
|2-80 V||2-80 V||2-80 V|
|0-100 A||0-150 A||0-200 A|
The MVD is a high-frequency charger with IUa charge curve. Its constant curve (phase I) is adjustable from zero to maximum rated value with a potentiometer. The constant voltage (phase U) is selectable from 12 different thresholds. These models are suitable for any type of battery (lead-acid, gel …).
- Equipped with a fully electronic protection system
- Autotest of the functionality in less than 10 seconds
- Zero inrush current: the AC-input current of the charger will increase gradually (when the transformer is powered) without an inrush peak which could create problems with the protection/limiter devices.
- The output current increases progressively and reaches the max value in 3 to 5 seconds. This reduces the risk of sparks between the connectors.
- Reverse polarity protection: if a battery is connected with reverse polarity, no current flows through the wires and a LED lights up on the front panel. The MVD will only restart when the battery is reconnected with the right polarity.
- Output short circuit protection: the MVD can work without problems with the output cables connected together.
- Temperature protection: in case of overheating, the MVD reduces the output current to zero and a LED lights up.